1. Tell us about yourself – where you live, your job, things you like to do.
My name is Zachary Thelen, and I am a high school student who lives in Minnesota. I like to play soccer and modify Nerf guns and have fun with them around friends. I love Xbox 360s. And, I hack.
2. Which Android device or devices do you own? Why did you choose Android? How do you customize your device?
I own the G2 and HTC HD2. There’s only one way to go and that’s Android. My friend showed me his Evo, and I loved the market and UI on the device. I had an upgrade coming and just had to have Android. My devices are not overkilled but not performance ignored. I have 125 apps on my G2 right now and about half of them are apps to enhance my Android experience. Any device that I will have will be rooted, enhanced, and hopefully over-clocked.
3. Do you root or not?
I have rooted my G2. I just wanted to have full access to my phone and a less tricked out stock version. I like my stuff unique to myself.
4. Is there a particular category of apps that interests you the most?
I love all apps that help — I’ll try any thing out if it checks out okay, but I don’t buy apps – that’s my rule.
5. What are your top 3-5 apps and why?
My top 5 Android apps would be:
– 4shared mobile – Online file sharing.
– Appolicious — Easy to find apps, rate apps and watch friends’ apps grow.
– Quick Settings – I go to settings a lot – it’s nice to have it in one click.
– Pandora — I LOVE my music.
– VISIONary Root App — No longer available
6. What apps are popular among your colleagues and friends?
4shared mobile is popular, as is Doodle Jump. And I have started the trend of Appolicious!
7. Give an example of a time an app was truly useful to you.
4shared mobile is a life saver for the apps I truly want, and Google Docs is good for homework.
Check out zakmassgamer’s app library here.