1. Tell us about yourself – where you live, your job, things you like to do.
I live in Hamburg (Germany) and I’m a quality assurance engineer. I love my MacBook Pro, but I also love my Android phone, so my workmates call me “AppDroid”. Back in 1984, I started with a Commodore VIC 20, followed by the legendary Commodore C64, and Amiga 2000… Great times… Now guess my age…
2. Which Android device or devices do you own? Why did you choose Android? How do you customize your device?
Actually I own a Samsung Galaxy S2, an awesome machine! I’m one of the few iPhone users who sold the iPhone and bought an Android phone. You ask maybe… “Why in hell?” Easy answer: “I wasn’t happy with my iPhone.”
3. Is there a particular category of apps that interests you the most?
I love all apps!
4. What are your top apps and why?
Google+ – Stay in touch with the nerd herd!
IMDb – All important movie/TV information.
Total Commander – Just BETA right now, but will be a great file manager when ready.
MLB.com At Bat 11 – I’m a baseball fan. “Go Padres!”
Frodo C64 – Just for the old times.
5. What apps are popular among your colleagues and friends?
Google+, Twitter and Facebook are very popular. Angry Birds and Cut The Rope are some of the top games…
6. Give an example of a time an app was truly useful to you.
I was lost in Hannover (Germany) and Google Maps saved the day! IMDb is also a very useful app if you can’t remember all movies from an actor.
7. Anything else you’d like to share with the Appolicious audience?
Free software is great, but when you like an app, please donate some money, or buy the app! Quality software needs time to develop. Support the programmers!
Check out Claus’ app library here