Check out appoLearning.com, because your kids deserve the very best educational apps!
Maura Hanrahan (@Irishgirl87) is a music nerd, sports fanatic, and book reading geek from Boston. She has done 106 Android app reviews and 55 app lists on topics that range from vampires to the Stanley Cup to ways to speed your phone up.
1. Tell us about yourself - where you live, your job, things you like to do.
I am from Portland, Oregon. I went to school at a liberal arts school in Chicago, and then made my way even further east to Boston where I currently live and work. I work in the Investment Office at Tufts University. I love going to live events. I'm almost always up for sports, theater and concerts.
2. Which Android device or devices do you own? Why did you choose Android? How do you customize your device?
I own a Motorola phone. I chose Android because one, I have Verizon, and two, I heard from friends and family that they liked it more than the iPhone.
I customize my phone by making the wallpaper a favorite picture of mine. I also make my ringtone unique so I will always know it is mine going off. Currently I use The Office theme.
3. Do you root or not?
I do not... but only because I had not heard of this until today. So perhaps in time I will.
4. Is there a particular category of apps that interests you the most?
5. What are your top 3-5 apps and why?
These are sticky notes for your phone. I use these quite often, especially when I need to write an address down or create a list of things to do. You can even color coat them which I find to be oddly fun.
- Google Maps:
I got my phone right before I moved to Boston. Google Maps were a huge help because I didn't know the city at all. It's safe to say the maps and GPS saved my life a time or two.
6. What apps are popular among your colleagues and friends?
7. Give an example of a time an app was truly useful to you.
The Droidlight has become very useful to me. There have been a few times where something fell or we needed to find a plug at work. Since we weren't sure where flashlights were, I just pulled out my phone and used its light. It was nice and bright and it didn't shut off after a certain number of seconds like your back lighting does on your screen.
8. What other AndroidApps.com member do you admire the most and why?
I admire those people who get really creative with their lists. It seems the more creative with it you get the more fun you have with your phone.
9. Do you have a Twitter account you'd like to share?
My Twitter is @ahanrahangirl.
10. Anything else you'd like to share with the Appolicious audience?
I think this site gives great insight on how to take advantage of all the phone has to offer and you should check it. Whether you already have an Android or you are thinking about getting one, you will learn a lot about it through AndroidApps.com.
Check out IrishGirl87’s app library here.