Walking alone in the dark? put an angel in your pocket!
‘Guard My Angel’ is a free mobile Personal safety app.
The service watches over you without compromising your privacy, and identifies emergency situations by manual and automatic triggers.
Whether you are walking home alone, going out for sport activities, getting in a cab or driving home while tired, 'Guard My Angel' accompanies you and in the case of an emergency will it notify your family and friends with the information they need to help you.
The notification can be sent over Facebook, Text Message, and Email, and includes a link to a Google map with location information about the user's whereabouts from the time the service was activated.
Before the user goes out, they set a timer for approximately how long the activity should take.In the event that the user is unable to press the I’m OK button, or if the user hits the SOS button, or if an accident force is detected, then an automatic notification would go out to all of the previously identified trusted contacts.
- Globally enabled: The service enabled around the globe with complimentary International SMS support.
- Reliable: All notification are sent from our secured servers, and will be sent even if the phone was damaged or taken from you.
- Low battery consumption: We monitor the location periodically for minimal battery consumption.
- Works indoors and outdoors: It is highly recommended to enable both GPS and Network location providers for proper functionality indoors and outdoors.
- Detailed emergency information: The notified contacts will receive indication that you may need help with a link to a map. The link can be opened by any device that is capable of showing ’Google Maps’ . The map is updated periodically with any new information received from the mobile device.
- Privacy: We do not disclose your location information unless you reach a potential emergency situation. We delete all records of the location information from our servers after 24 hours. We may gather statistical and anonymous information in the future – but we are committed to delete all trip records form our server periodically (after 24 hours).
- FREE: We encourage you all to use the service for free on a regular basis
- Accessibility support for blind and visually impaired people
Here is a brief explanation about the requested user permissions:
YOUR LOCATION - FINE (GPS) LOCATION
Required so we can provide your contacts a map with your route in the case of an emergency. Of course we dont disclose this information to anyone unless you reach an emergency situation. We delete this information completely after 24 hours from our servers.
NETWORK COMMUNICATION - FULL INTERNET ACCESS
We require this to send the information we collect from your device to our servers. In case of an emergency we send a notification from our servers and not your device to provide a reliable service (so even if your phone breaks your contacts will still get a notification).
YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION - READ CONTACT DATA
We ask permission to read your contacts so you will be able to add contacts from your address book to your notification list and not add them manually.
PHONE CALLS - READ PHONE STATE AND IDENTITY
There are 2 reasons for this permission:
1. We need to determine your locality (the language the phone is set to, and your country code) so we can send adjust automatically your local number for global use from our servers around the world.
2. We save you the need to enter information about yourself (name/phone) in order to identify you to your contacts.
SYSTEM TOOLS - PREVENT DEVICE FROM SLEEPING
This is a very important permission that allows us to collect your location even when the device is in sleep mode. This happens for example when you are not using your phone and screen is off. Without this permission we wouldnt be able to get your complete trip information.
Your contacts may get partial information about your location and will not be able to give you the help you need.