Zak Thelan (@zakmassgamer) is a high school hacker who has more than 292 Android apps and so far 12 app reviews. He likes soccer, Nerf guns, hacking, and spreading the word to his friends about the Appolicious app!
1. Tell us about yourself - where you live, your job, things you like to do.
My name is Zachary Thelen, and I am a high school student who lives in Minnesota. I like to play soccer and modify Nerf guns and have fun with them around friends. I love Xbox 360s. And, I hack.
2. Which Android device or devices do you own? Why did you choose Android? How do you customize your device?
I own the G2 and HTC HD2. There's only one way to go and that’s Android. My friend showed me his Evo, and I loved the market and UI on the device. I had an upgrade coming and just had to have Android. My devices are not overkilled but not performance ignored. I have 125 apps on my G2 right now and about half of them are apps to enhance my Android experience. Any device that I will have will be rooted, enhanced, and hopefully over-clocked.
3. Do you root or not?
I have rooted my G2. I just wanted to have full access to my phone and a less tricked out stock version. I like my stuff unique to myself.
4. Is there a particular category of apps that interests you the most?
I love all apps that help -- I'll try any thing out if it checks out okay, but I don’t buy apps – that’s my rule.
5. What are your top 3-5 apps and why?
My top 5 Android apps would be:
- 4shared mobile – Online file sharing.
- Appolicious -- Easy to find apps, rate apps and watch friends’ apps grow.
- Quick Settings – I go to settings a lot – it’s nice to have it in one click.
- Pandora -- I LOVE my music.
- VISIONary Root App -- No longer available
6. What apps are popular among your colleagues and friends?
7. Give an example of a time an app was truly useful to you.
Check out zakmassgamer’s app library here.