says: I just get a kick out of seeing how things work ( what makes them tick ) and then putting it back together; maybe even improving it.
Even though "rooting" is discouraged by carriers, Google developers encourage it.
In this list of apps, and how to use them, hopefully you will find the simplest way yet to "root" without failure. Also to increase the versatility of your phone outside of the carriers " pay for monthly" features that should be standard with a smart-phone and unlimited data use!
(Go into settings: applications: check "unknown sourses". Open "development" next and check USB debugging)
1. load the app"Z4 root" run permanent root
2. load the app "drop box" http://db.tt/cyVK1Tt and set up the free account on your PC too.
3. Make sure you have the other 2 apps that usually load with Z4, "Busy box" and "Superuser". Open both; grant full access.
4. Load the app "titanium backup pro". make sure in its main menu it reads: "root access: OK busy box", and "Dropbox Yes".
5. Using "Titanium pro", backup your device and sync to your Dropbox account.
6. Now you can prune any carrier/ app from your phone :). And add any app that is for "root users only" (and tether, and Wi-Fi free) Enjoy!